Helping Increase Students' Literacy Skills One Student At A Time
Topic: A key strategy in helping all students become proficient readers is small group literacy instruction. Small group literacy instruction allows the teacher to differentiate instruction to best meet the needs of all learners.
To support teachers in implementing small group literacy instruction in their classrooms, Neuhaus Education Center has developed six online modules to be facilitated by a campus literacy leader.
- Module I presents an overview of small group literacy instruction and answers the question who needs what kind of instruction and when and how that instruction is delivered.
- Module II presents a 17-day start-up plan for preparing the classroom and students for small group instruction.
- Module III presents the use of data from screeners, progress monitors, and achievement tests to make decisions about who needs what kind of instruction and when and how that instruction is delivered.
- Modules IV and V present activities for small group focused and small group core instruction.
- Module VI presents activities for small group intervention instruction.
Each module offers a narrated presentation, handouts, and discussion questions and activities.
Audience: K-3 Campus Literacy Leader
Fee: $250 - Includes 60-day access with materials.
Fee: $200 - Provides additional access in 60-day increment.
Materials: Facilitator's Notebook